Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A Few More Months

One of my buddies mentioned how much longer we have here. I couldn’t believe it. He was right. Our time is getting short. It’s not that short but it's getting there. We’re over half way done with our tour. We still have to go through the summer.

The Big Man must have been really tired today. He had the day off and ended up sleeping till 1230 hours this morning. When he woke up he thought it was 0900. He said he didn’t plan on sleeping in so late. I think he’s always tired because he stays up late. He has a bad habit of doing it. So he spends most of his time sleeping during the day.

As for myself, I was glad I had the day off. Yesterday just about killed me. The heat is unbearable. I went to the gym and got in a workout this morning. Ate lunch at noon. When I came back to the crib I was completely tired. I took a nap for a few hours until about 1800 hours. I didn’t plan on sleeping that much. I think I was worn out from the strenuous workout.

I still have to clean my weapons. I think I’m just going to give them a quick wipe down. It’s pretty easy for me to clean the M9 and M4. The .50cal is easy as well but it’s a pain in the but taking that thing apart and putting it back together.

3 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

I think about the months that Seth has left in B-town and get frustrated because the time just doesn't seem to pass. Life over here seems to be zipping along, but the time he has left over there seems to be eons away and not getting any closer. True, he is past the halfway mark, but geez...can it move any more slowly??

6/20/2006 8:27 PM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Sgt P, I agree with Kbug, the time seems to move slower, but hot diggy dog if the time isn't half way over. Yeah!!!

6/20/2006 9:16 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

That's the way I figured it's going to be with us. It'll go pretty fast until we get to our last month. Then that last month will drag out.

6/24/2006 12:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter