Saturday, June 10, 2006

Tired

I was tired from yesterday. We didn’t get back from our Ramadi and Fallaujah trip until 2200 ours last night. After we got back the Commander wanted to have a little chat with the company. I didn’t get to bed until about 2300 hours. I wasn’t that upset about it until I found out later we would be leaving again at 0645 this morning. Damn, do we get a break?

It just happened that we couldn’t because the guys that weren’t going out were getting their Humvees upgraded. So we had no choice, we were going out regardless.

As for the field, I don’t know, I’m feeling either braver or complacent. I’m not worried about going out as much. Maybe that’s because we haven’t been hit in a while. It just takes one hit for us to get defensive again. We haven’t let down our guard and didn’t stop doing what we’re doing. I think our attitudes are changing just like our mission. We seem to be changing modes. I guess anyone would have to adapt to the situation at hand.
I just finished another book yesterday. I had plenty of time to finish it yesterday since we sat all day at Ramadi before we left. The book was based of that Fox Television Series 24. The name of the book is 24 Declassified: Operation Hell Gate by Marc Cerasini. It was pretty good and I enjoyed it. I’ve tried watching the TV show before but I just couldn’t get into it. I don’t know why. Well, anyway, I’m sure I’ll pick up the next book in the series when I find it.

Oh, and one last thing. I had to remove a few comments today. Mainly because they don’t reflect the reason I created this blog. The person that posted the original comment sent me this reply:

> From: "Willy" <>
> To: pete@puebla.com
> Subject: Howdy
> Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:20:54 -0700 (PDT)
>
>
> Too much of a coward to allow free speech on your
> blog, huh? Doesn't surprise me.


So, I sent him this reply:

No, it's not about being a coward. My blog is not a stage to set your
political views. There are other blogs for that. It changes the point
of my blog. The point of my blog is to show people what we do over
here and what we have to go through. What you say changes my blog
into a political showcase which I'm not interested in hosting. Thank
you very much.

Sincerely,

SGT P.

4 Comments:

Anonymous MissBirdlegs in AL said...

He's suffering big-time from birdbrain flu. He goes on a lot of Milblogs and pontificates excessively. I don't think his mother paid enough attention to him :)

6/10/2006 6:41 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

Unfortunately, there are always those people out there who like to make noise...it's just too bad they have to share that noise with people who don't care to listen to it. I'm glad you deleted it..... :)

6/10/2006 8:09 PM  
Blogger SGT. Pete Puebla said...

Missbirdlegs, I think you may be right! :)

Kbug, your right too.

6/10/2006 10:51 PM  
Anonymous Brian Markley said...

Hey bro - as a former Marine (91'-95') I just wanted to say to you that I appreciate your words & your actions. While we may not know eachother personally - we are still brothers & I just wanted to let you know that there are PLENTY of people who support everythhing you & the fellow devildogg's are going thru there. stay safe & SEMPER FI

6/12/2006 7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter