Friday, June 09, 2006

Fallujah or Ramadi?

Well, I could say now that I’ve been to both. Today we went as far west as Ramadi. It’s the first time I’ve ever been there. We also crossed the Euphrates River. So now I could also say that I have seen both major rivers in Iraq too, the Tigris and the Euphrates. It was a pretty big river, wider than the Tigris from the point we crossed. The pictures are posted here to see.

What were we doing in Fallujah and Ramadi? I can’t say. I’ll mostly describe the terrain there though. The farther west we went the more desolate the climate became. Here in Baghdad where we conduct most of our operations, there are crops and lots of vegetation. It’s real weird because not too far, once outside the city a little ways, we began to hit arid desert land. It began to remind me of Kuwait where there was nothing but sand and dirt. Even the dirt began to look familiar, the white powdery stuff.There was less traffic, obviously. We really didn’t go into the towns though. We were just outside of them. There was something different about the people there too. There were more nice cars on the road and not all the people looked like homeless peasants.

I heard the good news yesterday that we took out Al-Zarqawi. Hopefully those that lost loved ones during 9/11 will feel some sort of justice. We’ve hurt them real bad. The al-Qaida leader in Iraq no longer exists. We still have a lot of work to do and the fight is not over. Hopefully we’ll find all of those responsible or connected and bring them all to justice. I’m sure if Al-Zarqawi was alive in the US he’d plot a plan do terrorize millions of people back home. Well, he can no longer do that and the US is now a safer country because of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter