Monday, May 29, 2006

Memorial Day

It doesn’t feel like it over here. I actually forgot all about it. I’m sure I wouldn’t have done anything if I were home anyway. It felt just like any other day. There was nothing special over here. They made have decorated the chow hall to look like the 4th of July but that was about it. It was just another day. I’m sure people back home are tubing the river or throwing a back-yard barbeque.

It’s starting to get really hot here. The heat is really starting to kick up. I rode from the IZ to my crib and just about died, and the trip isn’t that far! By the time I got back to my crib I was exhausted. I immediately drank like a quart of water and had a can of Rip-It. I just about died. I was so tired. I didn’t feel like doing anything. So I skipped a workout at the gym. I went ahead and used that time off to clean my weapons. I had to get on them. They were getting dirty.

3 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

I hate to think about how all you guys are going to bake for the next 4 months...hang in there and hydrate, hydrate, hydrate..... :)

5/30/2006 9:38 AM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

I 2nd what kbug said. Make sure you drink lots of water...and then drink more.

5/30/2006 5:43 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Alright, I'll try to stay cool by drinking lots of water.

6/06/2006 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter