Saturday, May 27, 2006

Gym Obsession

I don’t know what’s coming over me. I have a craving to go to the gym daily. I guess it’s a good thing. I’m glad I got over that Command & Conquer spell that swallowed up most of my time. I’m starting to get into shape, I could tell. My waist is getting smaller and my arms are getting bigger. I guess my legs are getting bigger too or their just swollen. That’s because my pistol holster seems tighter around my legs. I’m feeling good about getting into shape. I mostly want to do it to battle the heat. I don’t want to become a heat casualty. It’s been getting hotter and hotter by day over here. I figure it would be easier for me to battle the heat if I were in shape. So far at least I feel as if I could take the heat.

I wanted to say in the gym for about 3 hours today. I knew I couldn’t because I would be missing chow. I had to eat. I’ve seen the regulars in there day to day. I know who they are. Some of them seem like they live there. I’m sure they’re thinking the same thing about me. I’m usually only going for about 2 hours though. I usually do some weightlifting for about an hour. Then I do some cardio for about a half and hour. After that I do either an abdominal or lower back workout and stretch for the remainder of the 2 hours. I try to limit myself. I don’t want to spend the whole day there even though I’m beginning to feel as if I could. The good thing is that I’ve been going on a daily basis. I don’t know what’s motivating me to go. I think it’s because of the little differences that I’m noticing. I’ve been kicking up my run routine a little bit as well. I was thinking about entering the 12k run marathon they’re going to have here next month. The marathon will encompass just about three camps. It looks like a really long run. I would’ve never thought of it before but now I think I’m up to the challenge. I’m going to kick my run exercises up to increase my run time and stamina.

We’ve lost T-Rex for a while. He’s been having pain in his shoulder. I’ve asked him how it happened but he doesn’t know. So now we’ll be alternating with some of the other guys until he recovers. He was telling me that they shot his arm with pain medication, gave him some pills, and a profile for about 10 days. That means that he won’t have to go out with us for a while. I guess the strenuous activity would add more pain to his shoulders. It’ll be enough time for him to get rested and healed up. As for me, the only thing I’ve been having lately is achy feet. I think it from standing with the added weight all the time. This flak vest isn’t light. It’s also hard on my feet with all the gear I have on. Other than that I seem to be doing ok.

2 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Keep up the Gym routine, I know your wife will enjoy it when you come home.

Major kuddos for wanting to do the 12k Marathon. In this heat, make sure you drink gallons of water.

5/27/2006 10:21 AM  
Blogger Papa Ray said...

The Gym is good, but if your going to run, you need to spend most of your time running.

Water, Water, Water.

Heat can not only make you sick, it can kill you.

Papa Ray
West Texas
USA

5/27/2006 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter