Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Out of The Woodwork

They came out of nowhere. I gave some candy to this kid this morning and all kinds of kids started coming out of nowhere. They were going wild! I thought, oh shit, what did I do? A few kids are ok but a crowd could be distracting.

I noticed something today; one of the routes we travel on is loaded with IEDs. More than any other route I’ve seen and we travel it a lot too. I’m not going to explain how I could tell, I just could. It’s more dangerous that I first thought. And I was thinking that some of the other routes were more dangerous. It’s almost like IED alley. That’s why I’m almost expecting to see one now. It wouldn’t surprise me.

That’s another thing. The guys that don’t travel in the field much are lucky. Sure, they may hang out in the field all day but at least they’re not driving on the roads. It’s almost safer to say in one spot like they do. I don’t know though. That could get pretty boring hanging out in the field all day. Unless they’re in the city where there’s more to see.

1 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Sgt P, not always are they "lucky" in the field either. That is where Sniper & another Marine were hit with, yep an IED.

Keep your eyes open and stay safe my friend.

5/24/2006 5:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter