Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Feature Of The Week

I got a few surprises yesterday. First off, I got an e-mail from JP, the webmaster of Milblogging.com. He has chosen me to be the milblogger of the week. How cool!!! That means that I’ll be featured on the site.Not only that, I’m also featured on Military.com’s website at http://www.military.com/blog. It’s so cool to get so much exposure. I guess I should thank Kathi for nominating my blog. She had stumbled upon it and really liked it. Anyway, she e-mailed JP and told him about it. It’s all history from there.

So then I get another e-mail from Sony Online Entertainment. A while back I had sent a little essay on why I think I deserve the Field Commander prize package. They were looking for a service member that was serving overseas to award a gaming package. I figured what the heck, I’d enter myself and tell them why I deserve it. I’d give it a try even though I thought I didn’t have a chance of winning. Anyway, I get this e-mail that says I’ve WON! Cool! So, all I have to is send them a disclosure and affidavit and then we go from there. That is totally awesome! I can’t wait to get it! I plan on sharing the prize package with my brother, David, back home.

One last note, I’d like to thank Sandra from Riverside New Jersey for the toys she sent me to give out to the kids. It’s really appreciated. I wonder if any of these kids knows what a frisbee is! I haven’t seen a frisbee over here and I don’t think they’ve seen one before.

4 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

Congrats on the prize gamer package and on the millblogger of the week!!
God bless

5/17/2006 11:55 AM  
Blogger dyzgoneby said...

Congrats on both!!! You deserve millblogger of the week.

Thank you again for everything you are doing for us back home.

5/17/2006 5:39 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

Congrats on both!!! I'm not surprised that you're being featured as the blogger of the week...your posts are so open and informative. I haven't been reading your stuff for nothing..... :)

5/17/2006 7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, thanks! for the thank you:)

But you never would've WON the nomination if you didn't write some darn good stuff! And congrats on all the other stuff,too,must've felt like Christmas,huh?:)

Looking forward to more, and you stay safe!

5/18/2006 7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter