Monday, May 08, 2006

Again

I can’t believe it. I just changed the windshield the other day. I didn’t want to change it in the first place. Well, guess what happened? It cracked again. It happened while we were heading out this morning. This might begin to be a trend. We might be changing out windshields on a weekly basis. The last crack didn’t impair T-Rex’s view. Now the crack is right in front of his face.

This massive dust storm came in this afternoon. It was crazy. The sky immediately got dark and the whole area was dusty. The visibility was decreased to just a few feet. It was kind of amazing. I didn’t get any pictures to post here. I’ll try to get some next time. I just didn’t have my camera with me at the time. I’m sure they’ll be more dust storms to come.

I finished reading Hostile Waters today. It was ok. I guess it was based on actual events. It’s pretty amazing, the things the crewmembers did on that nuclear submarine, the K-219. I don’t remember hearing about it, the events that happened in October of 1986. I guess I was too young to remember events like that. A couple of heroes came out of that event. It’s pretty messed up how the Russians treated their own. It’s pretty sad. I’m amazed the Captain of the submarine didn’t defect to the United States with his crew after they way he was treated.

I plan on starting The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor tomorrow. I’ll see how I like it.

1 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

I've seen pictures of some of those sandstorms. When I watched "The Mummy," I thought the sandstorm scene was a bit much, but after seeing a video of a sandstorm moving in on a base, I realize it isn't so far fetched after all. I think you guys need filters for your noses... :)

5/08/2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter