Sunday, May 07, 2006

Desperation

It’s starting to kick in. At least for me that is. I’m pretty sure the other guys are going through the same thing. I do communicate with my wife by e-mail and by the phone. I still try to keep our relationship strong. It’s the sexual part I’m talking about. There’s no way for me to take care of that over here. I don’t know about her but man, it’s starting to feel like a long time for me. I don’t know how I’m going to do it. That’s why I hate thinking about it, because then it starts to get to me. I hate to start thinking about how much longer I have over here. That’s when it sucks. When I start to think about it.

There are hardly any of the guys that have started relationships over here. A big reason may be because we are an all male unit. I think that’s a good thing. There’s no ice to break. A lot of problems could happen and I’m sure the commander likes it better the way it is now. There are hardly any girls here anyway. If there are, they’re either in another unit or contracted by the Department of Defense.

One of the Joes I know is having a relationship with someone. She’s a foreign national that he met here on camp. He kept his relationship a secret for a while. Now I guess it doesn’t bother him because I’ve seen him out and about with her. I’m happy for him as long as they’re both happy. He still tries to keep it a secret because our leadership really discourages us from having any relationships. It’s not really a problem for us married folk. As for the single guys, I’m sure they don’t care and are still trying to find someone to be with.

4 Comments:

Blogger dyzgoneby said...

I don't know about your wife, but for me here and him there, it feels like forever and a day. With way too many more months to go....

This is something I rarely see discussed and boy does it suck to put it mildly. The end result will be well worth it. No one will see us for days.

5/07/2006 10:17 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

I know, tell me about it. It's starting to get to me already. Of all things, I didn't think this was going to be the worst of it.

5/07/2006 10:29 AM  
Blogger kbug said...

I can't relate to this one...as it's my son who is deployed, not my husband...but I imagine it has to suck big time. How long till you get your R&R?? :)

5/08/2006 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats wht hands are for, to ease the tension. No harm or shame in tht Beat tht bishop all you want sarge. It sure is better than holding on to the tension.....Releaseeeeeeeeeee...lol

7/05/2006 10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter