Saturday, April 29, 2006

For Life

It’s the patch that I will wear for the rest of my life when in uniform. Today we were awarded the 11th ACR Combat Patch. That means, wherever I go, that patch will always be on my right shoulder. No matter what unit I am in. We had a ceremony today and everyone in the unit was awarded the right to forever wear the 11th ACR patch on their uniform. It signifies that we have been in a combat operation serving under the 11th ACR.

I’m glad it’s the 11th ACR patch. I’ve always liked it. I also liked my 101st Airborne patch I used to wear during active duty at Ft. Campbell. I think we’re fortunate for a National Guard unit to be wearing an active duty patch. Sure, I take pride in the National Guard and all of the states have given up their men and woman. It’s just that I think active duty patches look better than Guard patches.

I’ll probably be getting the Combat Action Badge as well. Not now but I’m sure it’ll be pretty soon. My team will be awarded the badge for that IED we took back in February. Not everyone is awarded that badge. It is given to those who have been engaged or come in contact with enemy combatants during combat operations. For me it’s recognition that I have been evolved in direct combat.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got mine in 91. She's pretty. Funny thing here in 20066 I'm trying to get back in since the age requirements were relaxed so hopefully should get the chance to sport her. Taking the physical on mon. (02Oct06) Thanks for your service and "F the bs!" ;)

9/30/2006 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One other thought (I'm the same guy as above) when I used to be in B troop 1st of the 11th in Fulda, Germany I had a saying when my highers used to run what I knew(or thought I knew)was BS.
"Custer was Cav too."
I ended up doing a good number of push-ups for that, but IT'S TRUE.
Meaning keep your head down bro. Stay safe.

9/30/2006 11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter