Thursday, April 20, 2006

Karaoke Night

Last night after going to the phone center to make a call and stopping at the PX to pick up a few things I stopped at the MWR Recreation Center. I was walking back to the trailer when I heard the music at the intersection. Every Wednesday night is Karaoke night at the MWR. I was a little bored and figured that I’d check it out. I’ve wanted to pay a visit and see if there’s any talent.I heard that we have a few Joes in the platoon that go every Wednesday night and sing a few tunes. Double D is one of those guys and Sess is another. Double D is more into hard rock and heavy metal and likes to sing that type of music. Sess is more of the rapper in our platoon. We actually have a lot of talent in our platoon. Pennis is the guitar player. We might have our own band if a couple of these guys put they’re talents together.

So I stopped by to listen to the music and find a little entertainment. It was nice. There are some really good singers in the Army. Double D was pressuring me to get up on the stage and sing a song. After most of the people left I figured what the heck, I’ll give it a shot. I got up on the stage and sang, “Come What May” from Moulin Rouge. It actually came out pretty good. Double D said it was good. When I left outside afterwards to go to the port-a-jon another dude outside said that it was good. I was impressed. A complement. I didn’t expect that from someone else. It’s really nothing I’m looking into. I just went to have some fun and find some good American Idol entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter