Thursday, April 13, 2006

It’s starting to warm up.

It’s been getting warmer every day. The other day when it rained it cooled off a little but not enough to keep the heat away. It’s not bad in the morning or in at night. During the afternoon it starts to warm up. I think the past couple of days have been either in the 80s or 90s. I’m sure it’ll be hitting 100 degrees next month or late this month. I’m hoping that it’s later next month.

Here’s some vital info for those insurgents that read my blog. Our platoon sergeant can’t drive. Yesterday he ran into a barrier. That’s the second time he’s run into a barrier in the past two weeks! I thought it was funny. It’s nothing serious and the damage to the Humvee is unnoticeable. The damage he did to my Humvee on the other hand is clearly obvious.

We were in a tight driveway and he turned the Humvee too wide. He went right into the thing. He wasn’t going fast at the time. The Humvee just stopped and he had to back up and cut it harder. Last week he made a right turn that was too sharp and hit a barrier on the right side of the Humvee. I’ll have to get a photo of the damage done to post online.

2 Comments:

Blogger kbug said...

You know, when Seth was at AIT training three years ago, he was driving a Paladin one day and ran into the curb and crumbled off a piece of it. he said all his drill sergeant said was "Get it, ------." I guess it all depends on what you're driving....lol.

4/16/2006 7:05 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

I guess! But one thing's for sure, he was a recruit and the other guy was a Drill Sergeant. Bad combination.

4/18/2006 4:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter