Monday, April 03, 2006

I’ve set up outside. I bought a folding chair at the PX the other day. They had a good deal, only $5. That’s not bad when a chair like this might have cost me anywhere from $10 to $15 dollars back in the states. So now, since the weather is nice, I’ve been setting my seat outside when I type up my blogs. I’m trying to enjoy the weather while I can. I know it’ll be getting hot pretty soon.

The thunderstorms have started to go away. It was partly cloudy today with some slight rain but not much to bother me. I’m glad the rain has gone away because I can’t stand it when it gets muddy here. The good thing about it is the weather cooled off a little bit. I guess that buys us some more time from the hot weather to come.

We had a photographer riding with us today. She’s an Airman in the Air Force. I asked her if she was journalist too. She told me she doesn’t do any journalism, only photography. For some strange reason I was hoping that we would see something today. That way she could get some good photos. I guess if we really wanted to see some action we could’ve drove in the worst part of Baghdad. Than maybe we’d find ourselves in a firefight or something.

The Airman never had the opportunity to photograph any combat but we did give her the opportunity to photography the Iraqi children and the countryside. She also got some photos of us and I forgot to ask here if they might be published in the Stars and Stripes or some other publication.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rico said...

Handing out chocolate to the kids?

4/03/2006 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter