Monday, March 27, 2006

There was a bad accident yesterday.

It occurred with one of the other platoons. One of their Humvees had a rollover accident. Luckily, no one was hurt. It only rolled over on its side but it could’ve been a lot worse. I’m thankful no one was injured. I heard that the gunner’s head hit the road and that he had a concussion. It’s the little things like helmets and seatbelts that keep us safe.

I worry about it myself. My driver drives too fast at times. I haven’t told him to slow down but I’m getting to that point. I know he’s more experienced than the driver that was involved in that accident. The driver of that vehicle took that turn way too fast from what I could see. The turn wasn’t that sharp but he must have been going at a high rate of speed when it happened. The thing about Humvees is that they’re like SUVs. They are very top heavy and prone to rollovers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter