Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I saw a commercial on AFN today.

It was about mentorship of all things. It featured the US Army Solider of the year. He was saying that he wouldn’t have been able to do it if it weren’t for the mentorship of his leadership. I think his leadership should pat themselves on the back. I’ve sure his NCOs took good care of him and encouraged him to be all he can be. I’m sure he wouldn’t have done it without his NCOs, his leaders.

At the end of the commercial he said, “There could be a Soldier of The Year with you.” You know, he could be right. I’m sure he had the qualities and will to become Solider of The Year. It took effort on his part and on his leadership.

Well, my new roommate has just got back. He’s back from emergency leave. I asked him how everything was back home and he said that it’s going fine. Seems like he was in happy spirits. He didn’t want to come back. I wonder how bad he feels about being back. He’s upset because of all the stuff he’s been hearing back home. I couldn’t believe it when he told me. The guy goes on emergency leave and is upset about what some Joes are saying over here. Boy, I’m glad I didn’t have that issue. The only thing on my mind while I was on leave was how the guys were doing. I wasn’t concerned about what they were saying about me because I knew that they weren’t saying anything at all. I was just like dust in the wind that blew away.

So he’s back and now I have to get adjusted. T-Rex has to get adjusted to his new roommate too. T-Rex and me got along great. I know he was comfortable with me and I was with him. Now we have to get readjusted. We’ll see how it goes with my roommate and me in the next few days. We’ve already had some issues. First there’s the issue of the mat. When I moved in there was this ugly green mat on the floor that said welcome. It looked worn out, old, and dirty to me. So I went ahead and gave it away. He gets back and asks about it. “I gave it away and bought a new one.” I said. “Gave it away?” He replied. I didn’t think he’d care so much about it. Did it have some sentimental value? It’s just a mat for crying out loud. So I asked him if he wanted it back. “Yeah,” with no hesitation. Great I thought. I can’t even remember whom I gave it away to.

I hate the fact that I had to move out of T-Rex’s room but it was something that had to be done. We were getting along great and everything was just fine. If we were in another situation it would’ve be different. If we were the same rank then there wouldn’t have been a problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter