Thursday, March 16, 2006

“Are those Jarheads?” That’s what the Lieutenant said this morning when we passed them by on the road. I thought it was funny at the time because they looked like they were lost, like always. Don’t get me wrong, I love the Marines but I think the Army is better. They’re a great group of guys and some of the best Soldiers are ex-Marines. I guess I shouldn’t call them ex-Marines but I will anyway just to get them upset. “Once a Marine, always a Marine.” They like to be considered former Marines.

I did crack up when I saw them though. I don’t know what mission they were doing but I could tell they were lost. I didn’t even identify them until we got up close. They wear different uniforms. They looked like Army because of the Humvees they drove. We were about to pass them on the road when they suddenly stopped. I started to wonder why they did when they slowly began to turn around. One by one they turned their vehicles, lost came to my mind. “Are those Jarheads?” asked the Lieutenant. “Yep!” I yelled. Figures.

Well, the relationship with T-Rex and me is improving. At least we’re talking now. Not much. We’re not having conversations like we used to. I still have to sit down and have a little chat with him. I shouldn’t wait long though. Staff Sergeant wanted me to wait a little bit, let things cool down. I think about now is a good time. He suggested having T-Rex write a one-page report on Military Customs and Courtesies. I think it’s a good idea.

My .50 cal situation has been remedied for the time being. The Lieutenant made the decision but I should’ve suggested the idea. I was a little behind the Lieutenant. I don’t mind. I’m still a growing leader. It’ll come with time and experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter