Saturday, March 11, 2006

I’m brewing some coffee right now.

I’m trying out the coffee maker that one of the guys had given to us. I want to make a good cup of coffee before we head out on mission in the morning. I’ve gotten used to drinking coffee every day. It’s just something I have to have. I crave it daily every morning.

We had the day off. That meant no missions. I planned on sleeping in but that plan went out the window when the Lieutenant came knocking on my door at 1000 hours in the morning. He just had to wake me up. I think he did it on purpose. I don’t think he wanted T-Rex and me to sleep in. I’m glad we had the day off. It gave me the opportunity to drop off my laundry and go to the PX.

There were a few things I wanted to get from the PX. I bought some sunglasses, a light, and a microphone/speaker headset to use with my laptop. I also got a pistol belt. I was dying to get one of those and I couldn’t find one in the PX. So I went to the Bazaar. The Bazaar has lots of stuff that can’t be found in the PX. Most of the stuff comes from vendors that are local Iraqis. Most of the goods they sell there are found on the streets of Baghdad but this place is operated by AAFES. That doesn’t mean that we could return the items if defective. T-Rex told me he had a hard time returning stuff there and that they wouldn’t take it back.

I didn’t do much more during the day. I did plan on cleaning on my .50 cal but that never happened. I think I’m going to clean it up a little on the way to our missions tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter