Thursday, March 02, 2006

I was very fortunate yesterday.

A few other Joes and I got dropped off at the trailers early since we had started the mission early yesterday. We were lucky because if we‘d gone out with the rest of the platoon we would’ve been stuck out there until after 2300 hours. I guess the platoon encountered not one but two IEDs. Luckily, no one got hurt. I still think I was fortunate yesterday since my day went pretty well.

Today wasn’t too bad either. T-Rex got pulled from the mission today since he got stuck on some other duty so we were left finding another driver. We had no problem finding one and he fit in real good. Again, I’m glad we didn’t encounter any problems today either. I was surprised to find that T-Rex had it made today. That duty that he got stuck with was a joke. I think he weaseled his way out of it because when I came back from mission he was in bed sleeping. I told him it must have been nice to have the day off. He’s a good con man but he can’t con me anymore. I’ve already got to know him. He comes up with a lot of bullshit. I like it but I know its bullshit. He’s tried it on me before but it doesn’t work on me anymore. I think the Squad Leader still goes for it though.



This is a picture of a typical Iraqi dump. These garbage piles are everywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter