Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I didn’t think it was going to be this sad.

I really enjoyed my R&R. I spent my time with my family as best as I could. I’m glad the days seemed to drag by. The days don’t drag by that bad in Iraq, which is a good thing. I’m glad the days go by fast over there. It was sad leaving Phoenix this morning. I tried not to make it a long departure. I hate goodbyes. It was sad. I had the feeling that I get when a family member passes away. The good thing is I’m sort of used to this thing now, after going through the motions. It’s hard but I’m sure it’s harder on my boys than anyone else. They would always tell me, “I missed you DAD.” They would tell me over and over during my stay home. When Peter knew I’d be leaving he would change it to, “I’m going to miss you DAD.” “Me too.” I would tell him.

Well, I have to go now. I’ll be posting some more once I get to my next destination.

1 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

It seems so short a time, I can't believe you are leaving already! Thanks again for all you do for our country, and thank your family too. They are making sacrifices too. God bless.

2/23/2006 4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter