Monday, January 30, 2006

The bullshit runs thick.


Of course, we had to take a PT test. I don’t know why since Army standards are only every 6 months. I wouldn’t doubt it if we take another PT test next month. That’s not the only problem. We never have time to do PT. Heck, I had the day off today and I spend the whole day cleaning the rest of my ammo. Getting this rust off of the links is a pain in the ass. I wish I could just wash it off but it doesn’t work like that. Water and iron don’t mix. I’m just about done cleaning it all. I’m trying to get it cleaned as soon as I can.

Another thing that’s on my nerves is that I have to make up the PT schedules again. When are we supposed to do PT? And it’s like I have nothing else better to do. Heck, I think our platoon is busier then any other platoon in the company.

I’m not sure if I mentioned it already but we couldn’t have lucked out any better than this. I believe that we are on the best FOB in Iraq. We have everything we would need here. Well, almost everything. But this has to be without a doubt, the best FOB in Iraq.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rico said...

Sgt. Puebla:

What? Links rust? A thousand years of metallurgy (my grandfather was a metallurgist), and we still can't make a simple link that won't rust? Damn, this may be bigger than the lack-of-armor problem! (Just kidding.)
Soldier on. (And don't let those Regular Army bastards get to you.)
But I'm gonna have to email you my dissertation on the origin of 'hooah'...

2/08/2006 6:28 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Oh yeah, those links are a pain in the ass. I guess they're composed of iron. I sort of wish they weren't. I think I'm going to start reading up a little more on iron. Anyways, you'd figure the Army would find the soloution to that problem, maybe make them out of some alloy other than iron, brass perhaps. I'm not aware of the corrosion properites of brass but it may be better then iron under wet weather conditions. I'll try not to let the Regular Army dudes get to me. I used be be there. Been there, done that. Hey, and I can't wait to get that dissertation.

2/08/2006 6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter