Monday, January 23, 2006

The days are long.

I guess I could say that we are fortunate that we are so busy. I’m kind of glad myself. On my days off I’m dying for stuff to do. There’s not much for one to do here on a day off. It’s easy to get bored here real quick. I’ve heard that others wish they were as busy as we are. I guess they’re tired of the boredom themselves. As for my platoon, there’s no time for boredom. It’s always one thing after another. We’re lucky if we get one day off a week.

Today I really got to explore another camp. This one has palaces just like the camp that I’m on. I was able to get a few pictures of palaces that were bombed during the bombing phase of the invasion. They’re posted here on the left side.

Need to hit the sack, another long day tomorrow. Just wanted to bring up one other thing. It’s an incident that happened this evening. This one Humvee that was with us didn’t bother to fill up their tank with fuel before we left. Can you guess what happened? Yep, that’s right! They ran out of fuel!!! Fuckers!!! I’m glad they’re not in our unit. I’m sure they would’ve heard about this from the commander. Well the good thing was that it took one of the teams in our platoon only 3 minutes to get it hooked up and towed. So I guess that’s the new standard to beat, 3 minutes. It’s not NASCAR, but it’s not bad either. We might have to check everyone that tags along with us to make sure they have a full tank from now on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter