Sunday, January 15, 2006

I think I’m going to have this pile of ammo here for a while.

I started cleaning some of it, getting the rust and dirt off. So far I’ve cleaned about 20 rounds. I still have 80 rounds to go and I still haven’t gone through the other cases of ammo. I also have to get back to cleaning those weapons too. Especially that .50 cal. Being out in the elements doesn’t help keep that weapon clean. I wondered how everyone else kept his or her weapons so clean and finally it came to me. They’re not outside as much as I am, and if they are they’re riding inside a vehicle not outside like me. They don’t get hit but dust and moisture.

Everything is starting to come along fine. I’m starting to feel like a veteran here. I could tell I’m not the only one because my Team Leader doesn’t knit pick on things as much as he used to. We all used to act over the edge, the driver, the Team Leader, and me. We don’t act like a bunch of newbies anymore. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing. In one way, we’re not as uptight and picky about little things. On the other hand, we may be getting a little complacent. Sure, we’re still on guard and aware of everything that’s going on but things have changed. Our attitude is different. It’s like a new cop. When he first hits the streets he might be picky about everything. He might want to write tickets left and right. After awhile on the job he’ll begin to let things go. That’s how I feel. I feel like I’m moving from the rookie stage to the veteran stage. Given a couple more months and I might start becoming complacent.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Hey there, just wanted to let you know that while I haven't posted I've been reading hear and there.

...damn, fog. I'm a bit surprised as well.

1/15/2006 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter