Friday, January 06, 2006

Can’t win with the showers!

Nope, can’t win. The showers are kicking our ass. I went into the shower trailer. I was a little surprised since no one was there. Boy, it’s sure quiet in here I thought. Great! I have the showers all to myself. Maybe I could run around naked in here! OK. So I find my favorite shower booth and begin to undress. I ditch the shorts and then my shirt. Make sure that I put my soap dish and shampoo in there, don’t want to forget that. Oh, and there’s my washcloth. Don’t want to forget that. Alright, time to get this done so I could get to bed. Turn the facet, nothing happens. That doesn’t stop me from urinating all over the floor. It’s a bad habit of mine to urinate as soon as the water starts. Wouldn’t matter much. That’s why the guys all wear shower shoes. The urine will just get washed down the drain anyways. Nope, not with no water it won’t! What the Fuck! Damn! No water! No wonder no one is in here. Oh water, come on please. Shit, now I have to put my clothes on real quick and get out of here before anyone else sees that I’ve urinated all over the tub. Gross. I don’t want anyone to know it’s me. Boy those KBR guys are going to be pissed when they see this tomorrow. I guess they should’ve made sure that there was water in the tank. Then something like this wouldn’t happen.

So I go over to the next shower trailer. As soon as I open the door I hear the sound of showers, pouring water. Good! At least this trailer has water. So I find an open booth and claim it to myself for the short period of time that I’ll be there. Great. OK, so I undress again, hang my towel, and set up all my stuff. I step in and turn on just the hot water. I don’t need it warm. I don’t care if it burns me. Besides, it’s not that hot and adding any cool water would just make it cold, not warm. So there I was beginning to get a shower. Everything was perfect for like 30 seconds then it hit me. The hot water just started to disappear. No. Oh no. Please. This can’t be. Shit, it’s time to hurry up with that soap. I don’t think this is going to last long. A minute later, time to move that faucet out of the way. I’ll let it the wall and I’ll just get the water from there. Ahhh, that’s cold. Ahhh, cold. Alright Pete, time to cut it short. Freezing water is starting to come out. Damn I just jumped in here.

I got out and started drying myself off. SFC B. said as soon as I got out, “Boy that got cold quick!” “Heck yeah it did!” I replied. “During the summer we’ll have to wait for the water to get cold!”

Here's a photo of the gas station at Abu Ghurayb. They had Santa serving the pump.


3 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

MMm...lovely. Does your wife know you urinate in the tub? haha. thanks for sharing.

1/06/2006 7:27 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

I know. Lovely huh? It's such a bad and disgusting habit. I don't feel too bad about it because I think it has something to do with the water. I'm not sure. As long as it goes down the drain. My wife probably knows but I don't go out of my way to tell her.

1/06/2006 11:33 PM  
Blogger Allison said...

That was a funny story, Pete. I'm sorry about the freezing cold showers. Maybe next time you'll get a few more minutes worth of warm showers.

No pissin' in those showers again unless the water's running ;)

1/09/2006 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter