Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Handed out lots of candy and goodies to the kids today.

I’m pretty sure they thought this was a lucky catch. We got the goodies from this KBR dude. I guess he was feeling part of the Christmas sprit of giving. He gave us a bunch of candy and snacks to throw out to the kids. I thought that was nice of him. We threw out Hershey bars, Beef Jerky, and all sorts of other stuff.

Got to go to the IZ again today. I love going to the IZ. It’s always a chance to see something different. There isn’t much there but cool buildings and statues to check out. They’re starting to clean up downtown Baghdad too. I think that’s a good thing. They sure have a lot of cleaning up to do. I’m glad we had some missions today too. I get bored of staying here all day. It’s really boring when there’s nothing different to see. I like it when we have something to do. It beats hanging around the trailer all day, doing nothing. It’s time for us to get back to work. I hope they just don’t forget to give us a day off after a while.

We got a survey from our command staff yesterday. I guess they wanted to get our thoughts and concerns about the mission. I filled it out and put my input of what I though was right and wrong. Overall I’m pretty satisfied with the way things are going. There is always room for improvement. There are some things that I like and dislike. But there are likes and dislikes with everything. I’m glad they’re taking the survey at least. It shows that they want to listen to the troops to find out what’s on our minds. Maybe something good will come out of it, hopefully.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

It sounds like you had a pleasant Christmas over there for being so far away from your family anyway.

I'm glad to see that you seem to be in good spirits, Pete. Be well my friend.

12/28/2005 1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter