Sunday, December 25, 2005

A little girl is in line to see Santa.

When it's her turn, she climbs up on Santa's lap. Santa asks, "What would you like Santa to bring you for Christmas?" The little girl replies, "I want a Barbie and G.I. Joe." Santa looks at the little girl for a moment and says, "I thought Barbie comes with Ken." "No", says the little girl. "She comes with G.I. Joe, she fakes it with Ken!"

I saw that joke on another blog and thought it was funny enough to post it here. It’s beginning to feel like Christmas here because hardly anything is happening on the camp, people like me are not doing any missions today, and I just got four boxes of stuff in one day.

I went to use the MCI phone center today to call home and tell everyone Merry Christmas. I spoke to the whole family and they were asking me about some boxes that they sent me. I told them that I didn’t receive them but I’d let them know when they arrived.

Christmas lunch was awesome. They went all out to make us a good meal. I had smoked turkey, corn on the cob, sweat potatoes, macaroni & cheese, cocktail shrimp, hot chocolate, and eggnog. Now I’m full and I have to find some way to work this food off. I think I might go to the gym later for a little work out. All I’ll have to do is find a battle buddy to go with.

I got four packages today. I’d like to thank everyone for everything they sent. I’d like to give a shot out to my work peeps Catherine, Chaplin, my boss Joan, my partner in crime Brenda, Captain Security Terry & CEO Mr. Howell, Mary, and my friend CeCe. Thanks to all of you for everything.

I’d also like to thank my Tias Juana and Barb for all the goodies they sent. Are you guys trying to make me fatter? I’ll have my roommate help me eat this stuff. And last but not least I’d like to thank my Mom and sister Rachel for the stuff that they sent me too.

I thought about all the stuff I got and how lucky I was to get it. What about the Joe who doesn’t have any friends or family? What about the Joe who doesn’t have a wife or girlfriend to receive gifts or packages from? I hope you’ll be thinking of these guys and I’ll be thinking of them as well. I always thought the best thing in the world is friends and family. Without them I wouldn’t feel loved. It gives me a sense of belonging besides being a solider. Thanks to All of You. Merry Christmas and God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter