Sunday, December 18, 2005

Alright, I’m in Hell.

It’s not because my life is in danger. Oh no, it’s not that. It’s because the Internet sucks. I’m talking about the Internet we pay $5.00 for 10 hours worth. It’s a rip off because it takes forever to download anything. And sometimes I can’t even connect. The unit says that it’s going to get us Internet service in January for like $50 a month. I’ll be willing to pay it if it works. I’m not keeping my hopes up though. I like to take the wait and see approach. I don’t believe things until I see them. That’s what I’ve learned from being in the ARMY so far.

For some reason the days seem to go by so quick here. They never went by this fast at Lewis or in Kuwait. The days seemed to go by forever there and it seemed like we were never going to get to Iraq. I don’t know what it is about this place. Is it because we’re constantly busy? Is it because I always have something I have to do? Is it because I’m not waiting to go anywhere? It’s alright with me though. I surely don’t mind if the days go by. The guys we’re replacing told me that it’d all go by quick. I didn’t believe them at first but now I’m starting too.

Christmas is around the corner and it really doesn’t feel like it here. I mentioned it to my Comrades today. They thought it was because we don’t see many Christmas lights, decorations, and the music that’s played around the holidays. I agree. It’s also not cold enough here to feel like wintertime, not that I don’t like this weather. I heard that it gets really cold here but I’m finding that hard to believe.

Well, I have to get to sleep. It looks like I’m going to have another long day tomorrow. It’s weird, here I am talking about the days going by fast and I’m usually up from 0400 hours till 2200 hours. It makes for long days that go by quick.

Oh, and one last thing. I wanted to thank the FRG (Family Readiness Group) for all the goodies they sent to all the troops in the company. We all appreciate your thoughts and goodies! Have a Merry Christmas to you all!

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

You know it doesn't necessarily feel like Christmas at home either. And it's cold here.

My guess is that it has to do with me leaving soon and the fact that siblings-in-crime are not here to celebrate it either.

Anyway, you seem to be in good spirits. Glad to hear it through your writing.

12/21/2005 9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter