Friday, December 09, 2005

Alright, the Army got the chow right.

Let’s sustain that. Now it’s time to work on the internet access. Well, I guess I shouldn’t complain, at least I have internet access. It’s better than nothing at all.

Actually, I’m pretty glad to be on this rotation during this time of Iraq Freedom. That’s what I’m going to call it from now on. I’m not going to call it a war. To me it’s about liberating Iraq and making it a free country like the one we live in. Now it’s time to root the insurgents out of their little holes that they’re hiding in. Come on, bring on the fight, I dare you. We’re ready, are you? Let’s PLAY BALL! I want to shoot my gun at least once. The Army didn’t train me for nothing. I don’t know what they’re fighting for anyways. Shoot, the more I think of it, the more I think they should give up hope. They’ve just about lost the fight and we’re about to win. We are about to bring peace and democracy to this once, unstable land. It’s time to finish the fight. I’m glad I’m here to finish the mission. At least I’ll have stories to tell my children and grandchildren about. Maybe to them I’ll be a hero.

How do I watch movies? Well, we mainly watch movies on our laptops. That’s why I am very thankful to my brother David for buying a laptop for me before I was deployed. I cannot thank him enough. Talk about supporting your troops. He should be proud.

Some of the guys bought televisions, stereos, bikes, and all sorts of other stuff from the guys that are leaving here. It’s pretty cool because we could barter with a lot of the guys for stuff they can’t take with them back to the states. For that reason, I don’t advise any of the Joes to buy anything at the PX that they can’t get from another Joe that’s selling his stuff. I plan on buying a bike myself. I’m tired of this walking around everywhere sort of stuff. Everything on the camp is spaced out so there’s a 15-minute walk to just about anywhere I want to go. There are a few exceptions though. I got lucked out with the internet café, it’s right behind my trailer. And so are the entertainment center and a little gym. It’s nice having this entertainment right here. I don’t have to walk far, just outside my trailer and around to the back.

The entertainment center has two big screen TVs, some computers, and a couple of weights. They occasionally play a movie and mainly display the news on those TVs. One of the TVs has a PS2 so we could get together to play some video games.



Here’s another picture of a few camels from Kuwait.

1 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

Some nice photos there. God bless

12/13/2005 8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter