Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Hello from Baghdad Iraq

It’s about time. It’s finally come down to this. If you’re wondering why I haven’t blogged in a while it’s because the internet service in Kuwait sucks. That’s right, Kuwait. That’s were we’ve been stuck for the past couple of weeks. It would’ve been nicer if they could’ve just flown us straight over here. To top it off the phone systems were down too so I couldn’t make any phone calls.

Well, as for Kuwait, it’s a real barren land, hardly any vegetation. It’s mostly flat and made up of sand. I did see camels while I was there. It’s the very first time I’ve seen camels in the wild before. That was pretty neat. One of the sergeants in my platoon wanted to hop on one to get a picture. Too bad we didn’t have a chance to do that.

As for Baghdad, I haven’t seen much of it yet. I haven’t been off of the camp yet. To me it seems like I’m on some Army base in the States somewhere in Arizona. In fact, this place reminds me a lot of Arizona, especially Phoenix. So, in some way, I still feel at home. I’m sure I’ll realize that I’m in a different country once I leave the camp. Maybe I don’t feel like I’m in a different country because everyone that I interact with is an American. We all speak English, some with accents. We’re all able to relate to each other no matter what part of the country we come from. We all have something in common and were all Americans. We all feel a common brotherhood. Even a person from another state feels like a neighbor just down the street.

I really can’t get into details about what our mission is here. It’s all for the security of our troops and the unit. For that reason, I can’t say where we are or where we are going. I can’t discuss what our mission is or how we’re going to be doing it. I also have to watch the photos I post. That’s another thing, it may be a little while before I’m able to post any photos here. I have to buy another digital camera since my old one got wet and broke. So, I’ll be waiting until payday before I get another one.

Well, that’s all I’m going to post for right now. I’ll have a chance to post some more stuff tomorrow. I have a lot to post about.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Good to see you finally post. Interesting how you find it in the likeness to AZ at the moment. I'll keep checking back. Be well, Pete.

12/07/2005 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter