Thursday, November 17, 2005

I got listed on Milblogging.com! That’s kind of cool. Hopefully, I’ll be able to get some more traffic to my website. My website is listed on left sidebar under recently added. It’s the one that says “Training Day” but that may have changed to my new blogsite title, “Just Another Thunderhorse Roughneck!” Here's the Military Blog detail webpage. There’s other blogs there too that I’ve checked out. Some are good and some are bad. Some are really political. I mean really political. I don’t really care about politics that much. I think everyone has the right to his or her own opinion. I guess I should care because it sort of decides how we get treated in the Military. So, I’ll just go ahead and ask for your support and by this I mean that we’re over there to do a job. I believe that we are halfway done and that we could finish the mission. Let’s get r’ done!

The thing I hate about patches is that they identify who we are. Sometimes that’s a good thing but in combat, I think it’s more of a bad thing. It tells the insurgents that we’re newbies. We’ll stick out the moment we get there. We won’t look like seasoned veterans. Sure we’re well trained but as far as experience goes, experience counts. I’ve heard stories of other units not putting their patches on just for that fact. They waited a while; let their feet get wet, then put it on. That’s when they were ready for a fight. They were ready for someone to bring it on. I think anyone would be foolish to front the US Army anyways. That’s just asking for suicide.

The best thing about this whole thing is that we have a good 1st Sergeant. That’s good, very good. That means we have good leadership. He’s a real smart man and he’s a mighty fine Senior NCO. I think we are really lucky to have him in our unit. He knows about each and everyone of us. That’s kind of awesome considering there are over 100 of us. He demonstrates all the abilities of a good 1st Sergeant and knows what he’s doing. I think we’ll be in good hands. Another good thing is that we all honor and respect him and he’s earned it.

Here are two last things that I'd like to post about today. Check out this guy's post on Real Heroes. I thought it was important enough to post here.

My Army Life...and other things



And one last thing to remember....


The occasion of this photograph was a Veterans Day Commemoration at Dallas City Hall on 11 November 2004. The veteran pictured is Houston James, a survivor of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in December 1941, and the Marine is Staff Sgt. Mark Graunke Jr., a member of an ordnance-disposal team who lost his left hand, one leg, and an eye while defusing a bomb in Iraq in July 2003.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allison said...

Congrats bro on making it over to Milblogging.com! I'll have to highlight your blog soon so that you can get traffic from my area to yours.

I appreciate the non-political blogs as well. I like that yours is personal, that's why I loved my pal's, My War. And I try to stay away from politics as much as I can.

Anyway, that photo reminds me of when my father went down to the WW2 memorial last year when a daughter of a veteran asked to speak to my grandfather because her father had alzheimers and she wasn't able to convey to him her gratitude and love because of his condition, and so she shared that with my grandfather instead. Heart-wrenching really.

Thanks for you service, SGT. You've got all my respect. Be safe.

11/17/2005 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter