Monday, December 12, 2005

The Internet here sucks!

I guess I’m expecting too much huh? Well, I don’t care I’m going to expect better than what we have. At least the MWR Internet trailer is right behind me and that’s free. Problem is it’s not that fast either. We do have wireless Internet here but it’s $10 for 5 hours. What a rip off. And it’s not even that great either. It’s not super slow but it’s not fast either. The big problem is we always get disconnected from the system and sometimes we can’t get connected at all. Yesterday I had to go to the Internet tent to hook my laptop up directly to get online to download music and get online. I hope some big Internet company is listening. They could make a ton of money from the Joes if they put in a good network here.

Well, that’s not the only problem here. We also have a problem with the water pressure in the showers. Sometimes I’ll be taking a shower and either the water pressure will decrease and it’ll start pouring out cold or hot water. That’s when I have to dodge the water and mess with the faucets. Then the other day, I guess a water main broke so we had to walk all the way down to the other pad to take a shower. My roommate told me before I left to pack a lunch. That’s when he told me about it.

Well, my last complaint will be about the phones here. It would be nice if we had some phones around here. If I want to use the phones I first have to find a battle buddy that wants to do the same. Then I have to sign out and walk ¾ of a mile down the road to get to the phone center. And I also have to take into consideration that we’re 10 hours ahead of Phoenix too. It sucks. And they’re trying to make life better for the Joes. I guess I shouldn’t complain. At least we have Internet, toilets with water, and phones. I guess it could be worse. But what I don’t see is that the DOD is paying these contractors big bucks to establish the facilities here and we’re still having problems.

Oh and one last thing but I guess I’ll save it for tomorrow since I have to get up early. It’s getting late and I have to take a shower and get to bed. Well, from Baghdad Iraq, goodnight.

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

Haha. Welcome to Baghdad! I've been here 7 months and I'm just starting to get used to the wide range of shower temperatures...hot..then cold..then hot..then cold...at least there's water. We had a week where all clothes were washed and showers taken by bottled water. That was when they attached our main water main. Fun fun.

12/12/2005 7:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

SEEMS LIKE YOUR NOW MISSING THE THINGS WE TAKE FOR GRANTED HERE AT HOME..OH AND ON YOUR WAY TO THE SHOWERS DONT FORGET TO SNAP A SHOT OF THE OTHER JOE'S FOR ME..JK!
.............ANJELIC

12/14/2005 11:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter