Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Got some free eyewear today.


It’s not about the pay, it’s about the perks. Well, anyways, this KBR dude called a few of us over to his truck. One of my buddies, Sniper, told me to go over a see the dude. I was told that he had something to give me. I wasn’t interested at the time. I thought it might be some more candy or goodies to give to the kids. Well it wasn’t that. All the other Joes were standing around him with big grins and eyes on their faces. I knew just then it had to be something else. Everyone seemed excited. He had a big box that he was reaching to get stuff out of. I started getting excited myself. I was wondering what this was all about. Then he starts grabbing pairs of black cases out of these boxes. What was it? What’s in them? I wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out even though I had no idea what it was at the time. Oh shit, it’s Eye Pro. Cool! I hope I won’t miss out because I’m wearing my ESS glasses. I hope not.

He was reaching in his box and grabbing a hard and a soft shell case for everyone there. We were all like little kids at Christmas. Eye Pro, nice! Now I won’t have to buy some more when my pairs get all scratched up and the elastic bands get worn out. I’ll have another pair to turn to. I wondered where he got the boxes with all those glasses. Why was he giving them away for free? Did he find them somewhere? I’m sure he didn’t pay for them himself. It would’ve been too expensive to do that.

I was asking T-Rex about it and he told me that maybe he got them from the company that built them to help build a reputation. I was thinking the same thing. It’s not the first time I’ve seen that happen around here. We met this Joe a while back that had a bad ass CVC helmet. T-Rex told me that it cost $400 for it and that the company that built it gave it to the dude for free. I can’t go into details about the features of the thing but I will say that it was BADASS. Well, here’s some free exposure and attention for REVISION. I’ve never heard of that brand before. I’m going to try out the glasses and goggles and if they work I’m sure I’ll let everyone know. I’m pretty sure REVISION wouldn’t mind getting the exposure and a nice contract with the military too.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST WANTED TO WISH YOU A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR, BEEN KIND OF BUSY LATELY HAD A FAMILY FRIEND DIE OF LEUKMIA ON CHRISTMAS EVE. TAKE CARE..ANJELIC

12/28/2005 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter