Sunday, January 08, 2006

The mud, it’s everywhere.

And it sticks to everything. This stuff is like glue and I hate walking in it. At least it didn’t rain today but you wouldn’t know that if you just got here. It’s been cloudy all day and there’s water everywhere. I had to walk through a puddle of water just to get in the MWR Recreation tent. I’m constantly bringing mud in my room every time I go inside. Even while I was outside I couldn’t avoid it. I gave up trying and walked right in it. The mud just won. I think it might be like this for a couple of days too. It doesn’t look like the water is going to drain anywhere and the ground doesn’t soak it up like other places I know.

I ate well last night, steak, lobster and shrimp. The steak was nice and juicy too. It tasted great. The lobster tails were alright and the shrimp was just battered shrimp. Nothing fancy. I think every Saturday night is steak and lobster night.

I gave up some guy points last night.  I couldn’t help it. While I was in the MWR tent last night our DVD player broke so we couldn’t finish watching Dracula 2000. So, we had to watch the regular satellite feed that comes into the TV. Well, they were showing Moulin Rouge. Most of the guys that were sitting around left and I was left there with the guy that operates the place. I decided to hang around since I liked that movie. A commercial was on when a guy came up to ask if there were any football games on. The operator checked the online guide real quick to see what games were playing. He asked me if I was watching the movie. “Yes” I told him. There go my guy points I thought. Lost them because I’d rather watch a chick flick than some football. Oh well. I wanted to watch the movie. I wanted to see a romance. I wanted to see a story about love. I didn’t care.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

JUST CHECKING UP ON YOU, THERE HAS BEEN ALOT OF BAD STUFF ON THE NEWS ABOUT THINGS HAPPENING OUT THERE.
BE SAFE......... ANJELIC

1/09/2006 10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter