Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Went and seen a nice hotel in Baghdad today.

I don’t know who stays there and even if I did, I wouldn’t be able to say. The hotel was nice. A statue out front, marble floors and walls, and little shops inside. The color was white marble and the lighting was fitting for the place. It’s not the most elegant hotel I’ve been in, but nice for Iraqi standards. I had breakfast in the dinning hall there. Nothing fancy about that, it’s mostly the same thing I eat on the FOB.

It was another long day. We were in the streets of Baghdad before the sun even got up. There was hardly anyone on the streets. I don’t blame them. If I were an Iraqi I wouldn’t be on the streets in the early morning either. It’s too dangerous. Well, maybe not that dangerous but you never know. I just didn’t like the fact that there was hardly any traffic around. I guess you could say it’s kind of like that in the States too. The streets are pretty empty in the early morning, right before sunrise. After sunrise it was like the city woke up. There were cars on the streets and people walking everywhere, going to work and doing they’re daily activities.

I’m glad we didn’t have to do too many missions today. I was worn out from the long day yesterday and from waking up at 0330 this morning. Our day ended early and I crashed as soon as we got back to the trailers this afternoon. I wouldn’t have woke up had it not been for the Mailman knocking on the door, telling me that I had a package to pick up in the mail room.

There’s a lot of anger, frustration, and resentment going around between the team leaders. It happens when things don’t happen the way they want. I’ll get into details some other time but I’d just thought I’d bring it up since it’s starting to become a daily issue. It’s not the soldiers, mainly the NCOs. Too bad, they should know how to take care of simple problems like the ones they’re having. They’re supposed to be professionals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter