Saturday, January 28, 2006

So T-Rex got some rest.

We left him at the trailer to get some rest and recover. He was worn out from pulling duty last night in the Internet trailer and from the early missions this morning. Shoot, I could’ve used some time off the other day when we were supposed to get the day off. So we were stuck with Sergeant Bastard. He’s a really, really good guy but he can’t drive for shit! He’s no T-Rex. He was driving all over the place and for some reason he likes to drive on the right side of the road. We went through puddles that were on the side of the road. He could’ve drove in the middle of the road and missed them all! There was a point when we were driving on a trail that he went so far off to the right that I thought we were going to roll right off the road. I thought that if an IED doesn’t kill me this dude’s driving sure would.

I’ve really been looking out. Now more that I have before, well except when we first got here. Since getting hit by that IED the other day I’ve really changed my attitude towards riding on the road. Now I find myself constantly looking for IEDs. I guess you could say the same thing for America after 9/11. Before security was really laxed. Afterwards security became very tight. It took some dramatic action to cause us to react. I guess the same would go for me. Not that I wasn’t looking out before but now I’m more serious about it. I tell you, the first thought on my mind when we got hit was the feeling of disbelief. I could not believe that we had got hit. What were the chances of that? I’ve heard of IEDs on the news all the time but I didn’t see any over here. Heck, we’ve been here for over a month now and I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to see one. Well, I guess I was asking for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh'my god! that is crazy pete. Thank god everyone is safe..anjelic

2/01/2006 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter