Tuesday, January 24, 2006

I got some more packages from family.

There was some stuff I really needed too like shaving cream, razors, toothbrush, toothpaste, and some snacks and candy too. I’m probably going to give the candy to the kids when I go outside the wire. I don’t have any need for it. I still have a lot of candy and cookies from packages that I received on Christmas Day. I’m wondering how long the snacks in that box will last.

I’ve wanted to go to the gym and get some exercise but they’ve kept us so busy that by the time I get to the trailer I’ve lost all motivation. I’m really glad that they keep us busy. It helps the days go by faster. It’s waking up really early that I don’t like. Last night I only got 5 hours of sleep. I usually take naps here and there and in between missions. I usually don’t take a nap unless I haven’t had a lot of sleep. I’m usually up all day. And as for tonight, I don’t think I’ll be going to the gym. I have to post this blog, check my e-mail, take a shower, watch a movie and go to bed. I’m not sure what we’re doing tomorrow, yet. I don’t care. I’m prepared to do anything anyways. As long as they don’t tell me that we have to be ready to go at 0300 in the morning. Forget That.

There’s this little kid on our route. I don’t know his name but for some reason I’m feeling attached to the kid. I don’t know why I like him so much. Maybe it’s because he reminds me of my youngest son. He’s a cute little boy though. I’ve always called him ‘Buddy’. And every time I see him I make it a point to give him a treat. I withhold giving treats to other kids but for some reason, I’m compelled to give this kid something. I’ll have to get his picture so I could post it here. He always makes me smile too. I think it’s because of the way he smiles and begs for candy. He’s always making arm and hand gestures. I’ll just mimic whatever he does and he’ll repeat. I guess it’s our sort of way of communicating. I don’t speak his language and he doesn’t speak mine but we both understand sign language. I think I’m going to buy him some toys when I go home on leave. I don’t know why, but I feel compelled to do so.

There are a few more things I’d like to post here but I can’t. It’s mainly about the Fucked Up situations that are occurring around here. The ARMY and my unit discourage me from discussing what’s wrong. I guess it doesn’t want to set a bad image. I could understand but nothing is perfect. There are some things that bother others and me in the platoon. There are some situations that need attention and we find it hard to address them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter