Sunday, February 05, 2006

Well, now that I have a little more time I’ll go ahead and post another blog.

I would have blogged about my activities yesterday but I was a little tired. I can’t believe that I got up yesterday at 0530 hours to leave on a flight that left at 1730 hours. I had to wait around all day before my plane even left Baghdad International Airport. So I spent yesterday mostly waiting at the airport hanger, trying to finish my book Rainbow Six. I wasn’t able to get any sleep because it was pretty sunny outside and I have a hard time falling asleep under bright light.

Yesterday morning I had a cup of coffee and a hot dog for breakfast. I kind of wish I had went to the chow hall for some good breakfast before I left. We were finally called to start boarding around 1600 hours. I was lucky because there were other guys that were stranded there for a day because of the bad weather the day prior. I had even caught up with buddies from my unit that had left a day before me.

When we got here last night we had briefings after briefings after briefings. Mostly on what to do in case our tickets become lost during R&R and if we need to contact travel. We also had to fill out some other documents and let them know where we would be going.

So here I am now, stuck here waiting for the next plane to leave out. I can’t say when we are leaving or when I’ll be getting home or where I am for that matter. All I will say is that I have some more waiting to do before I leave. It’s a long process and I haven’t got that far. I wish the plane could’ve just left from BIAP and started going west instead of wasting time here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah!!

2/06/2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger katiescarlet said...

Enjoy your time with your family!

2/06/2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Martina Jolie said...

One of the benefits of travelling is that you learn what you truly value when you are home. And little things that you might take for granted are sweeter, softer, larger, and infinitely better for the experience of not having them.
Flights to Accra
Cheap Flights to Accra
Cheap Air Tickets to Accra

9/07/2012 2:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter