Tuesday, March 21, 2006

We’re like the only Platoon that is like doing anything.

First I thought that we were tied with 3rd Platoon for being the busiest. Now it seems like we’re the only ones doing missions. Am I complaining? Not really. I like the missions we’re given and they help the days go by pretty fast. I guess you could say that it’s better than hanging around the trailer all day. It wouldn’t be so bad if there were stuff to do on the camp be we could only get so much of the PX. The really isn’t anything else to do here recreation wise.

It was another long day. I’m glad we had a break in between missions. I took advantage of that to get some rest. I took sleep over lunch. I had snacks to eat anyway. Waking up before the crack of dawn and going to bed late at night doesn’t help me get much sleep.

I finished another book, Red Wind by R. Karl Largent. It’s an older book, not a new release. It was ok but I wouldn’t suggest it for the Clancy fans or counter-terrorist fans out there. I did try reading a Star Wars Yoda Dark Dendezvous book before I began on Red Wind but I just couldn’t get into it. I guess I’m not much of a Sci-Fi fan anymore. I used to love Star Wars too, that is until the prequels came out and ruined the series for me.

One of my buddies, Officer Ramrod, let me borrow two other books, The Closers by Michael Connelly and Velocity by Dean Koontz. I think I’m going to start reading The Closers first. I’m not really much of a reader but I am finding the time to read. I usually find time during missions when we’re not doing anything but just sitting around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter