Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Roughneck Rover

We got a new toy. It’s a rover. It’s about time. I mean it took how long, like four months? I feel sorry for the guys that we relieved they never had a chance to play with the rover. I’d like to see it in action. Actually, I can’t wait to see it in action. It’ll be really cool when it blows up! I’m glad at least that it’s just a bunch of mechanical parts and not us.

It’s funny because of the guys, including myself, have suggested sending the little bot over to the female showers. We’ll just send it to go right inside once the door opens. Then we’ll all be able to watch the action from the video screen while the bot catches the girls showering on camera!

There are more and more automated systems out here. There’s some stuff that I can’t talk about here. Some of the stuff is really really cool and I wish we had it. I guess in the future we’ll have all these robots fighting our wars for us. Too bad we can’t have that now.

We had another motor attack today. I don’t know if it’s a good thing or a bad thing but one of the motor rounds did not explode. The reason I say that is because the whole area gets cordoned off and it doesn’t take less then one hour to clear the area. It’s like when the highway patrol closes of the freeway, it’s going to be a while. I was coming back from the chow hall when I encountered the roadblock. Even though it was pretty far from the unexploded round I couldn’t go by.

So I stood there and waited for 30 minutes before I gave up. I figured I’d hang out at the MWR recreation center. So I hung out there for 30 minutes before I’d try my luck again. When I walked outside I found that there was still a cordon and the whole area was closed off. I decided that it would be better to walk around the whole area to get back to my trailer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter