Sunday, April 02, 2006

It has rained again. We had thunderstorms all day but for some all reason they’ve all stopped. It’s still cloudy but the there is no rain and no thunder. The winds have died down and the weather outside is actually pretty nice. So, I took the opportunity to place my new folding chair outside to enjoy the evening breeze and finish my book. I just finished reading Velocity by Dean Koontz. I don’t know why it’s taken me so long to finish it. I had planned on finishing it this past Friday.

The book is good if you’re into thrillers. I didn’t go out and purchase the book myself. I borrowed it from a buddy of mine. I’m not really into thrillers but this one was pretty good. It had a surprise twist at the end like most thrillers do. I don’t want to give away too much since there may be some that haven’t read the book. It did have me wanting more and I was craving to get back into it.

I didn’t have time to post yesterday. It was a long day and we finished up our mission pretty late. Today wasn’t bad. Actually I liked it because on our travels we took an alternate route back to camp which was shorter than our usually route. I was happy about that. That just meant that our mission time would be cut down and we’d be able to get to camp back in time for us to at least enjoy some leisure time.

The only thing about our alternate route is that it takes us through parts of town I rather not be in. I guess it’s a sacrifice. Do we take the short route and go through town or the long route and go through the countryside. It doesn’t really matter to me anyways. Both routes are just as dangerous. Actually, I think our countryside route is more dangerous than going through the city. It’s just that a lot of these people give me the evil eye and others, mostly children smile and wave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter