Friday, April 07, 2006

Winning the War Chocolates.

A fellow blogger Rico wanted to help me out. He wanted to send me some Hershey bars to give out to kids that I meet on my routes and on my missions. I told him sure, go ahead and send me some. So he got together with one of his buddies, Rich, a former Marine, and sends me like 40 lbs/324 Hershey’s chocolate bars!!! I couldn’t believe it when I saw the box. Most of the guys would ask me where I got all the chocolate. I’d tell them this guy I met on the internet sent them to me. Isn’t that cool? So I ended up giving out the chocolates to all the guys and told them it’s for the kids.

We’re all trying to win the hearts and minds of the children here and Rico has sure helped out. I want to thank him and his buddy Rich for their support. It’s nice to know there are people like him back home that are willing to lend their hand.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rico said...

It's the least we, who sit safely at home, can do.
I just hope one of those kids remembers, when the time comes for him to strap on some plastique, who gave him a Hershey bar...

4/10/2006 7:37 PM  
Blogger Rico said...

Thanks for the photos and the mention. I know it will make Rich, a wounded vet, feel proud.

4/10/2006 7:38 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Thanks again Rico! Every little bit helps! I hope those kids remember too and if they don't maybe they'll get buried in guilt. Tell Rich I said thanks too!

4/11/2006 10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter