Friday, May 12, 2006

Awards Ceremony

So there I was, in the gym, when Private Pennis walks in. “The LT sent me in to get you. We’re having a formation.” Great I thought. I just got in here just under an hour ago. What could we be having a formation about? It’s either something good or something bad, one or the other. We rarely have formations so it had to be something important. It’s like the full moon, they only happen once a month. I’m kind of glad we don’t have formations anymore. I always thought they were a waste of time, especially when there was no information to put out.

I got out of the gym and went back to my room to change back into my uniform. I met the rest of the platoon and prepared for formation. It was an awards ceremony. I didn’t know who was getting awarded. It’s a surprise most of the time. Only a select few know who is being awarded.

I couldn’t believe the awards that were being handed out. I thought that maybe a whole group of us would be getting awarded. I was hoping I didn’t receive any awards. I didn’t think I deserved any. The only award I’d like to get at this moment is the CAB (Combat Action Badge) for that IED. That’s the only one I really want. I heard the Company, Battalion, and Brigade command have approved it. It’s pending final approval by the Corps command. Who knows, maybe it has to be approved by the Senate and signed by the President of The United States. I don’t know. It’s taken so long it’s beginning to feel that way.

There were only two awards given today. The Good Conduct Medal and some Arizona Service Ribbon. That’s it. That’s what I got called out of the gym for two medals that aren’t greater then an MSM?Finally, I’d like to thank Brenda from Friendswood Texas for the Beanies, Charms Blow Pops, and Pez she send me for the kids. All the guys will be thankful when the see what I got to give to them tomorrow. I’m sure it’ll make the kids day as well. Thanks Brenda!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter