Thursday, June 01, 2006

Depressed

It amazes me at how many guys are depressed. Well, maybe I shouldn’t be surprised. What surprises me even more is that I’m not. Not saying that I’m totally happy but I’m not sad either. I’m not dying to go home. Maybe I’m crazy, I don’t know. My roommate only talks about how much he’s ready to get out of here and go back home. He says he’s had enough.

Sometimes I’ll ask other Joes from the company how they’re doing. I wouldn’t say that all of them say the same thing. I asked this one Joe how he was doing. He told me he was doing fine. I asked him how he liked it here. He said he’s ready to never come back. He’s not the only one I hear it from. I hear it a lot, “I hate Iraq.” It never comes from me though. I’d never display such attitude in front of my subordinates if I felt that way.

Do I get tired of hearing it? Only when it comes from within my own team. It shows a lack of motivation and interest. It’s hard to try to motivate someone, especially when it’s coming from a young leader. Is the motivation there? I would say that the motivation to accomplish the mission is there. We are like typical Americans. We like to get the job done. We like to finish what we started. We do as we’re told.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter