Saturday, June 03, 2006

Power Outage

I do not know what is up with the power here. I heard that there’s a broken transformer but they have yet to replace it. Again, like yesterday, it’s been going out. But today, unlike yesterday, it’s been off for most of the day. It didn’t affect me too much since I took this morning at the gym and was out on missions this afternoon.

It’s really starting to cook here. The highs have been in the lower 110’s. The only thing now is that I’m not going from my A/C crib to my A/C Hummer since the power is out. No, now I have to take the heat.

I’ve been drinking like crazy too. Unfortunately, I have been drinking too many Gatorades. I have to cut back and start drinking some more water. Usually I alternate drinking between a quart of water and a 20oz Gatorade bottle. I’m so glad I don’t have to buy these things. I guess it’s one of the perks of being in the Army. I get to drink all the Gatorade I want until I get sick.

As for the power, everyone’s been doing about the same thing. As soon as it comes on they turn their A/C units up maximum cooling and the fans on high. I did the same thing. I figured if the power went back out at least the room would be cool for a little while. I almost thought about sleeping outside last night if the power didn’t come back on. Either that or go out to the Humvee, turn the engine and A/C on, and sleep in the Humvee all night. My chances were dim.

It’s funny because most of the guys went to either the Gym or MWR recreation center. Both are open 24 hours. I’m sure the staff was wondering why it was so crowded all of a sudden. There was nowhere else to go to cool off. At least in the rec center I could watch a movie in the makeshift theater or browse the internet. There was even a DJ and some R&B music to listen too from the dance that was happening in the ballroom. I went in there but not too many people were dancing. There were more people mingling, playing billiards, or ping-pong other than dancing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter