Tuesday, June 13, 2006

The President is here! The President is here!

I just found out about it while eating dinner at the chow hall. It was on the news screens, “President Bush in Baghdad.” It didn’t surprise me much. I figured he come over and find out first hand how events are unfolding over here. I would too if I were President.

Who knows, maybe I’ll get to see him. Tomorrow we’re going to a location where he’s most likely to be. In fact, I’m sure he might be staying not to far from where I am. Maybe he’ll end up surprising us in the chow hall or something. I’ll have to keep my camera on me just in case.

I got an e-mail from a Mr. Brown at Atria Books the other day. Here’s an excerpt:

I just read your blog and noticed that you just finished and enjoyed Lions of Lucerne.

I would love to send you the next four of Brad Thor’s books, including the one that just came out last week.

So I was completely excited when I opened the package he sent. It had five of Brad Thor’s books, The Lions of Lucerne, Path of The Assassin, State of The Union, Blowback, and the newly released Takedown. I can’t wait to get started.

3 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

I hope you get to see him!
God bless

6/13/2006 1:18 PM  
Blogger kbug said...

I heard about that on the way to work yesterday and was asking one of Seth's friends on the IM who is also there in B town if he had seen him....he said no...bummer. I'm sure Seth didn't get to see him either...oh well. My Air Force boy got to see him, and listen to him, in Alaska earlier this year when he stopped at his base on the way to China. He said it was a neat experience.

Hope you enjoy your new books... :)

6/14/2006 8:34 AM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

I guess he was only here for a few hours. Oh well. Maybe some other time.

6/17/2006 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter