Sunday, June 11, 2006

About Time

I was beginning to wonder when I was going to have a day off. It’s been a while now. Well, not really but it feels like it. Between that long trip to Fallujah and Ramadi and going to our other locations yesterday it makes for a long two days. They said I had the day off but I knew I had to dispatch the Humvee. I don’t agree with it but they want me to start dispatching the Humvee so I could start getting some miles recorded. I think it’s stupid because I won’t be driving the thing anyway.

So I took the Humvee down to the motorpool to find out that they wouldn’t dispatch it. Reason being was because it had dried up tar all over the undercarriage. They wouldn’t inspect it until I washed it out first. So I had to take it to the wash rack and wash off all the dirt and tar from the ball joints, hood, and parts of the engine. They finally accepted it and inspected it. I got my dispatch and was on my way.

Didn’t do anything this afternoon. I wanted to go to the gym but I was too tired so I took a little nap. I’m not motivated to do much else today. I guess I want to take advantage of this day off. I’ll probably just go to the MWR tent and upload this post, check my e-mail, then come back and watch a movie. As for reading, I mostly do it when we’re out on the road. I hardly ever read back here at the crib. If I do it’s usually magazines or newspapers. I still crave reading those action novels that I pick up from time to time. I leave my book out in the Humvee to read on the following day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter