Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Postal Service

I’m not going to post much since it’s already getting late and I still have to take a shower and get to bed. I have to get up early in the morning, like always. I just got finished playing with our radios and making sure they’re up for tomorrow. Our driver has left to Balad so it’s up to me to do some of his duties.

I just wanted to give a quick kudos out to the USPS for their really fast delivery. It’s amazing how fast we get mail and packages here. I usually get mail and packages within a week. Sometimes it takes only 5 or 6 days. Amazing! It doesn’t take long at all for mail or parcels to travel around to the other side of the world. Cool. I’m glad that the postal service is so proficient and I also want to thank all of those Army Post Office workers for doing such a great job keeping our stuff coming in a timely manner.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! My husband (at Balad) has been getting mail at a lightening quick pace as well...nothing like what we're used to. His last deployment to Kuwait, it easily took 4-6 weeks for a package to arrive. But from the Western US to Balad AB it's only taking between 5-7 days.

USPS and APO, yes, you rock!

6/29/2006 10:14 PM  
Blogger A Guy on his Journey said...

Yes! It's super fast. I'm glad. They finally have a good system down. It's amazing how fast a letter or a package could travel half way around the world.

7/02/2006 1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter