Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Pissed Off and Feeling Better

So I was pretty pissed off this afternoon when I got written up. I mean, who would be? I never had a chance to talk to my Platoon Sergeant about it. I tried to see him last night once we got back from mission. He was tied up with my Squad Leader and another Sergeant. I should’ve waited. I told him I’d come back later. When I went back he wasn’t there. I went by this place this morning and again he wasn’t there. I went by this afternoon and his roommate told me he was at the gym. I was going to go there anyway so I changed and headed that way.

I got to the gym and spotted him. I headed over to him and asked, “Do you have time to talk?” “I’m at the gym,” he says. “Alright, I’ll try to see you later.” I say. It kind of pissed me off even more. First of all, I have a problem and I’m pissed off that I got written up for some bullshit. I wanted to talk to him and tell him my side of the story and tell him what I thought about it. I would post what was on that statement here but I wasn’t given a copy, even though I asked for one.

So there I was in the gym doing my work out, pissed off as hell. I was thinking to myself when your subordinates come to you and ask if you have time to talk maybe you should say, “Yeah, sure, what’s up?” That’s just what I think. The same goes with my kids. If they ever come to me and say, “Hey Dad, can we talk?” I’d say, “Sure Son, what’s up?” Hopefully that’s what I’d do and hopefully I’d do the same for my troops. When they want to talk, then hopefully I don’t forget to listen. So I was even more pissed off because he we were, in the gym, a perfect place to have a good conversation. It was a good opportunity and I had to wait till later. So I tried to remain calm, gather some patience, and try and workout.

Afterwards I left the gym and went to his room. Fortunately he was there. Good! About time I have a chance to chat with this guy. I told him everything that happened and he listened to everything I had to say. He listened unlike my Squad Leader who says that I’m just coming up with excuses. The Platoon Daddy understood and realized the situation and agreed with me. I felt a lot better. At least now I have someone that understands and might support me. I have a supporter that has some rank, an advocate. He said that he would talk to the other gunners, see what they have to say, and then have a talk with the Colonel. I think it was a very good idea. I’m sure all the gunners will agree. The Platoon Daddy sure did.

So I feel a lot better now. Sure, I was insubordinate but it was because I was protecting my personal safety. I don’t feel bad about it.

The photos above are from someone that got pulled over on the FOB. See, even out here we can't escape the police.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter