Saturday, November 05, 2005

Disneyland

Back at Ft. Lewis now. Can you guess what the forecast will be for tomorrow? Rain! Just like today. I just came back from a four-day pass. It was nice. When I left, it was raining, when I came back, guess what, it was raining. My pass was good, took the family to Disneyland for the first time. I owed it to my son. I wanted to take him to Disneyland and I’m not sure if I’ll be able to take him again. I never know if I’m coming back or not. Soldiers are still dying over there and it is still dangerous. Many people go on with their lives and forget that we’re still fighting a war. I wish I saw more support from the people and I would like them to thank a service member or remember where there freedom comes from. I know lots of people go on with their lives without thinking every day of what we have to go through to keep this country free. It takes something like 9/11 for people to wake up and support their country. It’s kind of sad. It makes me glad I’m doing something for my country.

Well, our time is getting near and we all know it. A lot of us can’t wait to get the training over with and get started on our mission. I’m glad we also got out of Yakima before it started getting really cold there. I checked out the weather forecast today and this morning it was 28 degrees! WOW!!! Forget that! I would’ve frozen my ass off over there.

I have to get my digital camera hooked up so I could post more photos on my site. I’ll go out and buy another one when I get paid again. My PDA got ruined when we went out the field. It got ruined when it rained.

1 Comments:

Blogger katiescarlet said...

I am glad you got to take your family to disney.

Thanks!

11/07/2005 4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter