Monday, October 24, 2005

Control

The command staff is really trying to control us now. I know that they are responsible for the unit but I also think that we are all grown men, well some of us that is. Most of us are. I could see some of the guys getting out of hand when they drink or if they went out. I know that we are activated for a deployment but gosh, come on! They didn’t even treat us like this in the regular Army. Maybe it’s because we’re Guardsmen.

I’ll explain how controlling they are. Some of the Joes in the company got busted because they didn’t go to the mess hall as a squad. We’re told to eat together, sleep together, and even shit together! I could understand in some circumstances but in this situation, come on! I guess this is what I volunteered for. It’s alright, I’ll play this game. It does get stupid at times. Nothing’s perfect.

We got some good training done today, in my mind. I think it’s because we did drills. I like doing drills because it builds habits and it helps everyone understand what they’re job is and what to do in case something happens. I think it builds good training. It started out slow, really slow, but it got better and better. I’m pretty sure we’ll be doing some more drills tomorrow as we work out all of the kinks. It’s like playing a soccer game as a team. The team has to practice, do drills, and know what every else’s job is. Everyone has to do their part and trust their team members to do their job. Everyone works on the same sheet of music to bring the whole ensemble together. When all the kinks get worked out it begins to work like a well-oiled machine.

I don’t know if it’s me but some of the Joe’s are starting to act a little different. I don’t think it’s my perception of things though because I’ve heard the same comments from another Joe. It just seems like some of the guys are starting to act like dicks. Problem is the shit is spreading. Maybe we just need a break from each other. I know that we all have our strengths and weaknesses but still. It just seems like some of the Joes don’t care to say hello or give a friendly gesture. Some begin to seem like real dickheads. Oh well, what can I say. I don’t have to and don’t want to associate with guys like that anyways. It’s a problem with people and I guess it never goes away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter