Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Arms Room Guard

Oh, I’m getting tired. Finishing up guard duty. Hallier and me hooked up our computers to play Command and Conquer. He kicked my ass. He’s pretty good at it. It was fun because it passed away the time. It took us a while to troubleshoot our laptops and get them to talk to each other. After we worked out the little kinks we were golden. Everything worked fine.

I spent the evening cleaning my weapon. I wish I ‘d slept instead. I have to be up until 0100 hours and we have wake up at 0430. That’ll leave me with 3½ hours to get some sleep. I’m going to talk my squad leader into letting us sleep in during pt. It would be nice to get a little extra sleep.

We didn’t do too much in the way of training today. Just fire a bunch of blank ammunition. I got it in the right eye with a brass casing. Afterwards I put my eye protection on and then I got a shell stuck between my cheek and glasses. It gave me a little blister and left a mark. I had the medic check it out to make sure that it was nothing serious. Last time I got cut, didn’t think anything of it, and it got infected on me. I’m going to watch everything that happens to me from now on. I’m not taking any chances. A little thing could grow into a big thing real quick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter